Homecoming Weekend a Total Success

The Homecoming Court at the game.

Anna Brodhead, Staff Writer

This past weekend was Mendham’s Homecoming football game and dance. The school had a lot of fun activities planned for the weekend which started off with a pep-rally in school on Friday. The cheerleaders opened the pep-rally showcasing their routine, hitting all their stunts and jumps.  The new re-vamped pep-rally had lots of fun games and challenges. There was a school-wide tug of war competition which ultimately ended with the teachers being victorious. Additionally, there was a penalty goal competition in which students and faculty could try to make a goal on the boys’ varsity soccer goalie, Jack Journeycake. After several close and crazy attempts, Jack held his title and didn’t let a single goal in. 

After the pep-rally, the festivities continued with a home football game against Millburn. The first points of the game were scored by Tommy Diegnan putting Mendham in the lead and giving them the leg up they needed for the rest of the game. During halftime, the Homecoming Court was announced as they walked down the track and were celebrated by their friends. Soon after the court reveal, the team got focused again, determined to beat Millburn. By the fourth quarter, the teams were tied which eventually led the game into overtime. With Mendham being able to hold off Millburn from scoring, it was there turn to shine. On their fourth down, Mendham made a field goal that clinched the win 18 to 15. The Moshpit stormed the field and celebrated with the players over their first win of the season. 

The last of the Homecoming celebrations occurred at the dance. All grade levels came to enjoy and have a good time with their friends in the “Night Under the Stars” themed dance. The music was pumping and people were having a great time. At the dance, the Homecoming Court was announced once again as they got to strut down the gym and have a dance together. The night ended on such a fun note with all the students fully enjoying themselves. From the pep-rally to the football win and then the dance to top it off, it’s safe to say that this weekend was one to remember.

• The cheerleaders performing at the pep-rally.

• The staff wins tug of war.

• Nicolas Giusto taking his shot against Jack Journeycake.

• The Mosh out in full effect.

• Football boys ready to make a touchdown.

• First touchdown of the game.

• The Homecoming Court at the game.

• Homecoming King and Queen: Tommy Diegnan and Olive D’Agostino

• Homecoming Court members: Greg Kerr and Molly Spence

• Homecoming Court members: Luke Colannino and Megan Graziano

• Homecoming Court members: Timmy Lanahan and Nora Mulligan