Morristown Fall Fest Shines Light on Local Music School

Kiril Hadjipetkov, Staff Writer

On September 29th, Morristown’s annual Fall Fest commenced- a fun-filled day for people of all ages. This took over the main parts of Morristown, cutting off traffic in order to allow the activities to go on. The Fall Fest consisted of multiple tents and stands advertising local Morristown companies, stores, and businesses of every kind.

However, the most prominent element included was the music. One particular stage that stuck out was one owned by the local business ‘The Original Music School,’ or OMS for short. OMS had a constant stream of live music being played, but what made it really shine was the fact that most individuals on the stage were actual students from the school, and it was clear that they were taught well. Not only were they proficient in what they could play, but they also performed original music that they were able to create thanks to the songwriting classes taught at OMS. Recently buying over the company, teacher and entrepreneur Connor Larkin saw the Fall Fest as a great way to not only promote his school but also give his students a chance to experience the joy in playing a live set for others.

“One thing we’re very excited to start doing is showcasing our talented staff and what they do outside of school. Letting people know that they are not just excellent teachers but also excellent musicians!”

— Connor Larkin

“One thing we’re excited start is showcasing our talented staff and what they do outside of school. Letting people know that they are not just excellent teachers but also excellent musicians!”

— Connor Larkin

Moving forward, Larkin wishes to integrate the staff and teachers into future events in order to give them a chance to show their talent. He described his staff as being just as good musicians as their are teachers, and most are in aspiring bands full of talent. With that being said, The Original Music School proved to be a great place to learn to play music or write songs through their stellar showcase at the Fall Fest.