Can You Roll Tide?

The University of Alabama

Can You Roll Tide? Recently at Mendham High School, students, more specifically seniors, have been looking at the University of Alabama to spend their next four years after graduation. The University of Alabama is a highly rated public university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It is a large institution with a high undergraduate enrollment of 38,392 students. Popular majors at the university include Business, Finance, and Marketing. Although academics always come first, students can not help but be attracted to the athletic success Alabama has had within the past four years. Having won the Orange Bowl last year against the Oklahoma Sooners, and earning a spot in the finals this year against Clemson; Alabama’s football team has put the university at the top of Mendham Seniors’ list.

Can I Get In?

Acceptance Rate: 54%

GPA: 3.6

SAT: Reading and Writing: 490-610, Math: 490-620

ACT: 23-31

It’s Not Too Late!

UA’s application is rolling, however, if you want to apply for the fall of 2019, the deadline is April 1.

Facts About UA:

1. The term “Roll Tide” is said to depict the crimson team running onto the field.
  2. UA is often referred to as “The Capstone” by alumni and friends of the university. It is a nickname that stemmed from the former UA President G. H. Denny when he said the university was a “capstone of the public school system of the state” in 1913
  3. Greek life is a big deal here. With a total of 67 social Greek-letter organizations, over 34% of undergraduate students are part of either a fraternity or sorority. They are known to have some of the biggest houses in the nation.
  4. The freshman class keeps growing. Last year, it reached an all-time high of over 7,000 students.
  5. Most people who attend UA never want to leave it. The freshman retention rate is at a high 87%!