Student Concerns During Global Pandemic

Covid-19 has been the main story for pretty much all of 2020.  After all New Jersey schools closed in the early spring of 2020 the question now was: Are New Jersey schools going to be open for the fall of 2020?  Long story short the answer to that question is yes New Jersey schools are currently open during the fall of 2020.  As almost everyone expected it is not the same as it was pre pandemic, but it is working.  Yes it is working but that does not mean that students do not have any concerns.  I have heard almost everything from I feel very safe in school to I do not feel safe at all in school.  The anonymous student I spoke to said, “While I am in school I feel safe from the virus, but my concern is you do not know where everyone has been outside of school.”  That is the main concern I have heard from students.  Also, some students when talking to friends in the hallway choose to lower their mask below their noise and talk to their friend.  That was another cause of concern for the student I spoke too.  

Unfortunately, with the direction of the cases it is not looking like school will be able to remain open, but there is still a small chance.  The chance of schools staying open through the duration;., of the school calendar rests in the hands of the students.