Giuliana DeCunto & the Evening of the Arts

On Friday, May 10th, MHS hosted the Evening of the Arts, a “showcase of art work in different mediums,” for any students who wished to display their work. The night offers a wonderful opportunity for high school students who are artists to be exposed to the experience of putting their work on display and receiving critique was a large audience of viewers. The exhibits on display that evening included paintings, sketches, sculptures, photography prints, and several others medium of artwork.

Giuliana DeCunto, a sophomore who also participated in last year’s event, was one of the students whose artwork was on show that night. DeCunto created four unique pieces to display at the show. Three of them were personal acrylic paintings, and the fourth was a larger painting done with oil paints.

As for the benefits of displaying your work at Evening of the Arts, or other events similar to it, DeCunto explains that participating “made me feel more comfortable as an artist and at sharing my work on a large scale,” and says that she would definitely recommend that other student artists put their work on show in such a situation.

DeCunto, and all the others students who put their work on show at Evening of the Arts, made the evening a success with their amazing talent and stunning artwork.