5 Sets of Restrooms: Which Will Take the Throne?

Cardie Saunders and Maddy Eisenhardt, Staff Writers

School bathrooms are not a delightful place, but are visited several times a day. The school may try their best to make them appealing, but at the end of the day, their best isn’t as good as some may believe.

There are five sets of restrooms: one on B-floor near the lobby, another set on C-Floor by the gym, a set on E-Floor and in the music wing, and lastly, the A-floor bathrooms. Even though each set is similar in location, the boys and girls bathrooms can still differ in quality.

We have interviewed students around the school to figure out the overall ranking of the bathrooms from both a boys and a girls perspective. Based off surveys and interviews, and our own personal opinions, a unanimous vote amongst the boys and girls indicated that the worst bathrooms in the school are the set on C-Floor.

As for the boys C-floor bathroom, we have concluded that it is the worst boys bathroom because of its tiny size, resulting in little to no room between urinals and stalls. To put it in perspective, if one was using the urinal, and the person behind them in the stall were to open the door, if not careful it would hit you right in the back. Similar to this, the girls bathroom on C-Floor is very unappealing. For as popular as this bathroom is, the size and only having two stalls is a large inconvenience. Another unattractive aspect of this bathroom is the consistent water that floods on to the ground in the stalls.

In the second to last spot, unlike last place, is different between boys and girls. As for the boys, the 4th place restroom is the A-floor one. A-floor is a clear 4th place not because of its size, but because of the general look it portrays. For example, this bathroom doesn’t even have a door, has toilet paper and paper towels littered over the floor, it contains weirdly shaped sinks, and has no mirrors! The only thing that keeps A-floor bathrooms ahead of C-floor ones is the size, which isn’t even that big, just a lot bigger than C-floor’s.

As stated before, the 4th place girls restroom differs from the boys. The B-Floor lobby bathroom takes second to last in the girls ranking due to its small size and only two stalls. Another displeasing aspect of this bathroom is the exposed feeling you get while inside because of the open doorway entrance.

On the flip side, the boys 3rd place spot goes to the B-floor bathroom. B-floor’s bathroom has both its ups and downs. Although it may have a pretty good size, it does feel pretty exposed with no door leading into the bathroom.

As for the girls 3rd place finish, the A-Floor bathroom is one of the largest in the school. There are many stalls and mirrors, but the floors and walls are dirty and vandalized, giving this bathroom mixed reviews among the WMMHS girls.

Heading to the top of the leaderboard, for both boys and girls, there is a very close race between the music wing bathroom and E-floor. Surprisingly, E-floor finishes in 2nd place for both. E-floor is near perfection. The only issue with E-floor is how far away it is from anywhere else in the school. E-floor is the cleanest bathroom in the school by far, but it is also a bit small as a well. At first when thinking about writing this article, I thought it was going to be a clear victory by E-floor. However, after hearing reviews from people around the school, there is really nothing wrong with the music wing bathroom.

So anyway, 1st place for both boys and girls bathrooms goes to the music wing bathrooms. There is hardly anything wrong with this bathroom. With this bathroom being on the main floor of the school, it isn’t really that far away for anyone, especially for its high quality. Basically, this bathroom is massive and I wouldn’t even consider it dirty comparing it to other school bathrooms. After a fews days of interviews, it has been concluded that the school bathroom throne is now held by the set of music wings bathrooms, for both boys and girls.